Saturday 6 March 2010

Starting Over

I started this blog when I first started my journey into knitting and as my life got more hectic I let this blog and my knitting slide. Now things are back on track and I'm looking to enter my knitting into the county fair for the first time. I've got a long list of projects that I've just started on. I've decided that I'm going to get back to blogging my knitting and the perfect way to do it is to actually sit down and blog my progress and and completion of each project I begin on my path to the fair. April 3rd is the deadline to pay all my entrance fees and the deadline for me to decide how many projects I'll actually be able to have completed by the project deadline of April 23rd.

As of today I have finished ONE project for the fair. A pinwheel beret using a brioche stitch.

pinwheel beret

Here's an upclose of the stitches

pinwheel beret closeup

Here's a couple of it on:

pinwheel on

pinwheel double view

I finished that one up today (ok technically yesterday since it's 2am), and did some of the knitting while sitting in the movie theater waiting to see the midnight show of Alice in Wonderland (super amazing movie by the way).

At work I've been working on a lap sized afghan to enter in the fair as well. I've got a few color changes to go still, but it's well on it's way to being finished.

Blanket in process


On a side note I just finished a baby sweater for a couple close friends of mine and their baby Erick. It is supposed to have buttons but the idea of buttons on an infants sweater scares me (and I'm not even a parent).

peanutfront

peanutback

So that's where I stand with all my knitting for now. Hoping to start a baby blanket (for another friend who is due in just over a week) and a pair of socks to enter in the fair. If I don't already have arthritis or carpal tunnel I will by the time these next 2 months are over. *sheesh*

No comments: