Thursday 11 March 2010

FRUSTRATION!!

Ugh... So I got started on the baby blanket for our friend Annaleeen's baby (which she had early of course), only to find after 6 or 7 rows that I was carrying the yarn wrong. Yeay me. So I had to frog it and start again. BOO. Then while working on my outside in socks I lost a stitch. I very carefully ripped out row after row and could NOT find that darn thing. So I quit and frogged the whole thing and am now starting over AGAIN. Man am I glad I've gotten so much of my fair knitting done because at this rate it's going to take me forever to get the last few projects finished.

Good news is, now I've got the hang of carrying the yarn on the baby blanket and it's absolutely ADORABLE. I can't wait to get it finished and give it to the proud mama. I'm not a fan of the traditional blue for boys pink for girls thing so I'm making the blanket in green and beige. Its light enough colorwise to still be baby-ish but isn't so much that it's cutesy.

Back to the grind of this sock... Lets hope that since I've done it once already I can get through it rather fast this time.

No comments: